book-of-tomorrow Title: The Book of Tomorrow

Author: Cecilia Ahern
Publisher: Harper
Year: 2009
Pages: 320

What would you do if you are allowed to peek into tomorrow? Would you change anything?

For Tamara Goodwin, she endeavored to be a better person. She is the vicious type, where here cynical response or statements were used to push people away from her so that she can be in control. More like a defense mechanism. While exploring the next day cautiously, Tamara could not run away from yesterdays. Long forgotten memories resurfaced which brought chaos to the present life.

This is my second book from Cecilia Ahern, the first being P.S: I Love You. Like any good storyteller, she captures the essence of people very well. The Book of Tomorrow is a mixture of real life with a little magic, although the author makes the reader wonder how did the magic come to be? What is the connection between the leather-bound book with a locked gold clasp to the events that were unfolded.

I bought the book yesterday afternoon. And because I could not put it down for long, taking a break for meal time and TV time with The Hubby, I finished reading all 320 pages at 1 am this morning. It has been so long since a book manages to capture me in its tale the way The Book of Tomorrow did.

Although, I must say, putting it down upon finishing it, it left me with no extreme feeling; positive nor negative. Maybe I have read so much fiction for the past 20 over years that it’s hard to expect a different ending.

Having said that, it’s a nice book to curl to with a hot chocolate by your side. And don’t forget the marshmallow!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home