memory

Title: My Name Is Memory

Author: Ann Brashares
Publisher: Hodder
Year: 2011
Pages: 401

“You have been with me from the very first life. You are my first memory every time, the single thread in all of my lives.”

I am really tempted to give the spoiler for this book. Yet… I won’t.

For in a way, it is a beautiful love story, and it is different. You have heard a version of it many times over, but the author managed to make an elegant twist. It seems familiar this story of lovers torn apart, and yet you can see that it sets itself slightly apart from the rest. It sounds the same, but it is not a broken record.

I am a cynical romantic, if there’s such a term. I love romance, and yet I am no longer swept away by it. As usual it is for me, it was hard for me to put the book down. More over these days my me time is very, very limited. But I made do, and finished the book in 3 days. Less than 3 hours combined.

The story is about Daniel and the love of his life whom he killed when he did not know her name. Then he found her as Sophea, Constance and Lucy. There were other names in between, but they are always the same person, or soul as referred to in this book.

There is always a bad guy and his hatred separate the lovers apart.

Is this book unique? Or is it just another attempt to be different yet similar? You decide.

All I can say is that, I don’t like the ending. I never like unfinished business. This story is not for me.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home